During the Covid-19 pandemic, Caribbean Breeze Tours will be operating under the Belize Tourism Board Gold Standard and only offering Snorkeling and Fishing tours. We will implement all measures to mitigate any risk for our guests and employees. All our tours will be guided by our expert tour guides. Booking will be flexible to accommodate refunds should you become symptomatic prior of doing the tour.
The following is a complete list of rules and guidelines set to operate our tours.
What to expect when taking tour with us during Covid 19 pandemic
- Tours will be conducted with private groups persons traveling together or staying at only Gold standard resorts.
- Our Office space will be clearly marked as to practice social distancing.
- All guests will be picked up and dropped off after the tour by boat at their respective Gold Standard Hotel dock where areas are well ventilate.
- Tours must be booked at least 1 day in advance.
- All guests and staff must wear face mask or buffs (as buffs are more conducive to snorkeling and diving)
Staff Morning Routine
- Arrive at work and have their temperature taken and logged. If staff member is sick, will be sent to the doctor.
- Properly clean and sanitize boats and equipment needed to conduct tours for the day.
- Make whatever preparations necessary for tours being conducted.
- Pick up guests for tour.
- Guests’ temperature will be taken and logged at the time of pick up.
- If a Guest’s temperature is above 100℉, the guest will be referred to the Resort’s Gold Standard Manager.
- Once guests are cleared, they will board the pick up boat one person at a time and sanitize hands once on board with the hand sanitizer provided by us.
- Guests’ are transported to our dive shop are which are marked to remind of distancing. Payment with credit cards are preferred as they could easily be sanitized
- Boat Captain/Guide gives safety briefing and Head out to snorkel/dive site
While on Tour
- Guests are expected to socially distance as much as possible.
- No PPE’s (face masks/buffs) required while swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving.
- Guides will serve sealed water and fresh fruits in between snorkel stops or during surface interval for dives.
- After a tour, guests will be dropped off at the resort dock where they were picked up.
After a Tour
- Boat captain/Guide are to return immediately to Tour Operation.
- Boat and equipment must be immediately washed and sanitized using soap, water and bleach.
- Masks, Snorkels and dive regulators (if used) must be soaked in Bleach/Water solution for 1 minute(ratio of 1/3 cup of bleach per gallon of water).
- Garbage must be sealed in bags and disposed of properly.
- After all duties are completed, Guides must shower and change clothing before leaving the tour operation. This is to ensure their safety and the safety of their families.
Symptomatic Guest Protocols
In the event a guest starts displaying possible and symptoms of covid19, the following steps will be taken.
- Boat captain will immediately notify our Gold Standard Manager who will liaise with the Resort’s Gold Standard Manager and the Ministry of Health.
- Transport guest back to resort to isolate.
- Collect all necessary information, close contacts and places frequented.
- Communicate with the Ministry of Health as to what steps to take to ensure other guests’ and staff’s safety.
- Deep clean and sanitize boat and whatever equipment was used during the tour.